The Victorian Training Guarantee
Now is the ideal time to make a start on gaining new skills, or upgrading your existing skills, to help you get the job you want.
The Victorian Training Guarantee is making vocational education and training more accessible to people who do not hold a post-school qualification, or who want to gain a higher level
qualification than they already hold.
There are now an unlimited number of government-subsidised training places available to people who meet the eligibility criteria.
Am I eligible for a government-subsidised training place?
You are eligible for a government-subsidised training place if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- a New Zealand citizen
and are any of the following:
- under 20 years of age
- seeking to enrol in a Foundation Skills List course (and do not hold a Diploma or above qualification or are receiving core skills training in other sectors)
- seeking to enrol in VCE or VCAL
- seeking to enrol in an apprenticeship
- 20 years and older and ‘upskilling’ by seeking to enrol in a course at a higher level than your existing qualification
How many courses am I eligible for?
You are eligible to begin two government subsidised courses, as long as you are not doing any more than two government subsidised courses at a time.