You do not need to provide evidence of an English test score with your visa application if one of the following applies:
- you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
- you are an applicant who is a Foreign Affairs or, Defence sponsored student or a Secondary Exchange student (AASES)
- you are enrolled in a principal course of study that is a registered school course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), a course registered to be delivered in a language other than English, or a registered post-graduate research course
- you have completed at least 5 years’ study in English in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- in the 2 years before applying for the student visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a student visa.
Other Entry Requirements
Note: For Early Childhood Education streams: A current Working With Children Check is required by all students. Application for this will be completed at the ITHEA Orientation.
For Aged Care streams: A National Police check will be completed prior to attending practical placement.
For Disability and Community Services streams: A current Working With Children Check is required by all students. Application for this will be completed at the ITHEA Orientation. In addition, a National Police check will be completed prior to attending practical placement.