The Victorian Training Guarantee
Now is the ideal time to make a start on gaining new skills, or upgrading your existing skills, to help you get the job you want.
The Victorian Training Guarantee is making vocational education and training more accessible to people who do not hold a post-school qualification, or who want to gain a higher level
qualification than they already hold.
There are now an unlimited number of government-subsidised training places available to people who meet the eligibility criteria.
Am I eligible for a government-subsidised training place?
You are eligible for a government-subsidised training place if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- a New Zealand citizen
and are any of the following:
- under 20 years of age
- seeking to enrol in a Foundation Skills List course (and do not hold a Diploma or above qualification or are receiving core skills training in other sectors)
- seeking to enrol in VCE or VCAL
- seeking to enrol in an apprenticeship
- 20 years and older and ‘upskilling’ by seeking to enrol in a course at a higher level than your existing qualification
How many courses am I eligible for?
You are eligible to begin two government subsidised courses, as long as you are not doing any more than two government subsidised courses at a time.
International Students Study in Australia, Why International Students should study at ITHEA
- Our course are nationally recognised
- We deliver VET courses with the highest employment growth in Australia to the year 2025. Source – Australian Workforce and Productivity Agency (AWPA)
- We give you real employability skills with most of our courses including practical placement
- We are located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD (in The world’s most liveable city)
- We have nearly thirty years experience as professional Australian educators
- ITHEA trainers are chosen for their knowledge, dedication to their students and ability to teach.
- We have a friendly and caring atmosphere and comprehensive support network to provide students with a safe and happy study environment.
- We have billingual staff
We, have for a while, offered students the flexibility of choosing between online learning or classroom delivery.
Online training is available in the areas of Children’s Services, Community Services and Business.
Our system provides highly interactive online Vocational Education and Training (VET) training and assessment support resources. Personal assistance is given to each individual student via our online trainer who is there to support your learning.
We are dedicated to providing quality education and a commitment to access and success for all ITHEA students. We have launched our Children’s Services online support materials. Students will be able to access these resources with a username and password available from their trainer.
Our Industry Children’s Services Partners have been running regular information sessions for ITHEA students. Students will be registered with the recruitment company, which gives them the best opportunity to work once they have completed their studies.